Start Date: May 15 2020
Training Duration: 12 months
Hours: 35-40 hours per week
Compensation: $190 per week
Housing: cost-free dorm-style housing and food
Number of Positions Offered: 3
Host Company Description:
The host company is located in Northern IL, it is about 1 hour north of Chicago, and 1 hour south of Milwaukee (30 minutes west of Gurnee). It provides great camp programs which are about learning skills and self-development. There are a variety of on-site activities like camp fires, canoeing, archery, swimming, etc. however cross-culture and diversity understanding is one of the main camp experience. Besides the Main lodge that overlooks Fisk Lake, they have 20 cabins, 4 more lodges that are great for meetings.
- Learn how to plan and execute camp activities and develop recreational plans for groups
- Learn to work with and youth and plan events
- Help each participant meet the goals established by the camp for camper development
- Assist with event preparation, coordinating food and beverage service, event execution
- Assist in teaching or leading an activity
- To apply for an internship program, you must be an undergraduate Education, Sports, Recreation and Tourism major studies student OR a recent graduate starting the program within 12 months of graduation.
- To apply for a trainee program, you must hold an Education, Sports, Recreation and Tourism degree and at least 1 year of work experience OR be a career professional of 5 or more years in related field.
- Fluent in English (reading, writing and speaking skills)
- Prior work with school-age children is preferred
- Must be friendly, outgoing, organized, self-reliant, efficient and have computer skills
How to Apply:
- Submit a professional resume with a professional photograph
- Indicate availability dates (start and end dates)
- Indicate this offer number and title
|Job Category||Education, Social Sciences, Library Science, Counseling and Social Services|