Start Date: October 2021
Training Duration: 12 months
Hours: 32-40 hours per week
Compensation: $13 per hour
Housing: not provided
Number of Position Offered: 1
Host Company Description:
The host company is a world-renown hotel brand, located in Miami Beach, Florida. This ocean front hotel allows its guest to enjoying the sand and surf; explore Miami Beach attractions like the Miami Seaquarium, Jungle Island Recreational Park, Coconut Grove and the Port of Miami. The hotel enjoys hosting international intern program and providing opportunities for program participants to learn its signature service standards which represent the hotel brand, while improving their customer service and communication skills.
The selected participant will help in for develop and implement an ongoing media and community relations program to enhance the property’s sales and marketing efforts in order to target market and reinforce the company identity.
- Develop and implements an ongoing, focused media and community relations program
- Learn how to ensure information to the public and community is displayed correctly and effectively with the best opportunities for providing business.
- Learn how to interact with outside contacts: 1) Guests – to ensure their total satisfaction 2) Regulatory agencies, law enforcement or local government authorities – regarding safety and compliance matters 3) Other contacts as needed (professional organizations, community groups, local media)
- Assist in resolving all guest complaints in a prompt and professional manner and in accordance with established service recovery guidelines to ensure guest satisfaction and repeat business
- Assist hotel manager in overseeing front office team functions in accordance with established procedures – ensure guests receive prompt, professional attention and are greeted upon arrival, and that the audit function and reports are completed on time. Communicate to staff any VIP, Priority Club, or special needs or requests and follow up on execution
- Conduct routine inspections of the front office and public areas to ensure the appearance of such areas reflects highly on the hotel, brand, and the company
- Ensure consistent brand and property message is communicated in all public relations and communications efforts.
- To apply for the Internship program, applicants must be hospitality or tourism management undergraduate/graduate students OR a be recent graduates who begin the program within 12 months of the graduation date
- To apply for the Trainee program, applicants must hold hospitality or tourism management degrees and have least 1 year of professional work experience related to the degree, OR be career professionals of 5 or more years of professional experience in this field
- Applicants must speak ADVANCED ENGLISH, have a positive attitude and the ability to communicate with clients and hotel associates
- Marketing or related area (2-3 years preferred)
- Must have Photoshop and Illustrator experience (2-3 years preferred)
- Social Media Marketing experience: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest (2-3 years preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Expert knowledge of social channel analytics as well as brand reputation monitoring platforms
- Experience with developing analytical reports
How to Apply:
- Submit a professional resume with a professional photograph
- Indicate availability dates (start and end dates)
- Indicate this offer number and title
|Job Category||Hospitality and Tourism|