Start Date: May 2021
Training Duration: 12 – 18 months
Compensation: $12.00 per hour
Housing: not provided
Number of Position Offered: 1
Host Company Description:
The host company is located in Clifton Park, New York. The host company is currently services customers around the globe in a broad range of industries including military, automotive, fitness, communication, medical equipment, power supply, mobility products, transportation, and security systems. They are a rapidly growing electronics contract manufacturer located throughout the Northeastern United States. It is a fully-woman owned company that offers design, engineering, and full turnkey services. All of their products are produced in the U.S.
The selected program participant will assist in reviewing customer drawing package for PC Board, wiring harnesses and control panels for completeness. He or she will work closely with other team members to provide solutions in the area of electronic instrumentation and control systems. Other duties will include:
- Learn how to develop quotes for products based on customer drawings
- Learn how to creates engineering masters, bills of materials, and work instructions
- Identify special tooling needed to efficiently manufacture products
- Provide support to assembly personnel during build process
- Learn proper procedures and requirements for working safely with electrical/electronic test equipment and components
- Learn how to use electronic, hand, power, and pneumatic tools
- Designs and creates tooling on 3D printer when appropriate
- Other Tasks as assigned by Director, Quality and Engineering
- To apply for the Internship program, you must be an undergraduate student of Mechanical Engineering OR a recent graduate starting the program within 12 months of graduation.
- To apply for the Trainee program, you must hold a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering and at least 1 year of work experience OR be a career professional of 5 or more years in related field.
- Applicants must speak advanced English
- Knowledge of Solidworks or other 3d modeling software
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years in design and layout of industrial control panels.
- Experience providing technical support in a manufacturing environment, Including wiring harness and general electrical / mechanical assembly technologies.
- Be able to read and understand schematics. technical drawings, datasheets, and written work instructions
How to Apply:
- Submit a professional resume with a professional photograph
- Indicate availability dates (start and end dates)
- Indicate this offer number and title
|Job Category||The Sciences, Engineering, Architecture, Mathematics, and Industrial Occupations|