Start Date: April 2021
Program Duration: 12 – 18 months
Compensation: $ 8.65 per hour
Housing: not provided
Number of Positions Offered: 1
Host Company Description:
The host company is a full service, immigration law firm that specializes in helping immigrants and their loved ones with a wide range of different legal situations in the U.S. and helping many immigrants realize their goals and their American dream. In addition to immigration-related cases, the firm also helps with criminal defense, personal injury law, estate planning, and family law. The firm has several office in the U.S. and Mexico and represents clients all over the world.
- To apply for the Internship program, you must be an undergraduate student of law OR a recent graduate starting the program within 12 months of graduation.
- To apply for the Trainee program, you must hold a bachelor’s degree in law and at least 1 year of work experience OR be a career professional of 5 or more years in related field.
- Applicants must speak advanced English
- Applicants must be fluent in Spanish
Training Duties Include:
- Learn how to handle all aspects of a client’s case including communicating with clients and other counsel, drafting pleadings, conducting discovery, preparing for and attending court hearings, conferences, and preparing for and attending trials
- Receive training in legal services including legal research; drafting motions, pleadings, orders, judgments, and status updates; and overseeing and analyzing discovery
- Gain experience during court during motions, various types of hearings, and at trial. Trainee may also conduct initial consultations with prospective clients and serve as the principal contac between the firm and its clients
- Shadow and learn how to prospect for new clients through marketing, networking, writing articles, and speaking engagements
How to Apply:
- Submit a professional resume with a professional photograph
- Indicate availability dates (start and end dates)
- Indicate this offer number and title
|Job Category||Public Administration and Law|