Start Date: April 2021
Program Duration: 12 – 18 months
Compensation: $ 11 per hour
Housing: not provided
Number of Positions Offered: 1
Host Company Description:
The host company is a full service, law firm located in Berwyn, just 30 minutes outside downtown Chicago, Illinois. The firm provides legal representation to residents throughout the county on a wide range of cases such as family law matters, including divorce and allocation of parental responsibilities, real estate matters, including home foreclosure and eviction assistance, immigration, civil litigation, corporate law, workers compensation, and criminal defense. They also work on cases involving deportation defense as well as assist individuals navigating the immigration process in Illinois.
- To apply for the Internship program, you must be an undergraduate student of law OR a recent graduate starting the program within 12 months of graduation.
- To apply for the Trainee program, you must hold a bachelor’s degree in law and at least 1 year of work experience OR be a career professional of 5 or more years in related field.
- Applicants must speak advanced English
- Applicants must be fluent in Spanish
Training Duties Include:
- File maintenance from beginning to end of the case
- Work with other secretaries and attorneys in house to complete projects
- Create and maintain financial spreadsheets using Excel
- Conduct initial consultations with prospective clients and serve as the principal contact between the firm and its clients
- Shadow and learn how to prospect for new clients through marketing, networking, writing articles, and speaking engagements
How to Apply:
- Submit a professional resume with a professional photograph
- Indicate availability dates (start and end dates)
- Indicate this offer number and title
|Job Category||Public Administration and Law|