Start Date: April 2021
Program Duration: 12 – 18 months
Compensation: $ 10 per hour
Housing: not provided
Number of Positions Offered: 1
Host Company Description:
The host company is a full service, law firm located in Little Rock, Arkansas. Their vision is to improve the lives of low-income Arkansans by championing equal access to justice for all regardless of economic or social circumstances They assist hundreds of clients every year in priority areas, such as family law, consumer issues, bankruptcy or evictions. The trainee will aid in performing legal services for clients and experience full representation of cases by an attorney, including preparing for litigation, conducting discovery, and representing clients at legal proceedings.
- To apply for the Internship program, you must be an undergraduate student of law OR a recent graduate starting the program within 12 months of graduation.
- To apply for the Trainee program, you must hold a bachelor’s degree in law and at least 1 year of work experience OR be a career professional of 5 or more years in related field.
- Applicants must speak advanced English
- Prior work experience in a law firm is required
Training Duties Include:
- Learn how to handle all aspects of a client’s case including communicating with clients and other counsel, drafting pleadings, conducting discovery, preparing for and attending court hearings, conferences, and preparing for and attending trials
- Prepare Legal Documents: Analyze information gathered in investigation; research case law to determine precedents applicable to case in question
- Understand how to interpret state and federal laws applicable to a case and write supporting briefs and memoranda
- Conduct legal research / case investigation – participate in interviews with clients, witnesses, and others for evidence/information; conducts discovery, including depositions where appropriate
How to Apply:
- Submit a professional resume with a professional photograph
- Indicate availability dates (start and end dates)
- Indicate this offer number and title
|Job Category||Public Administration and Law|