Start Date: April 2021
Program Duration: 12 – 18 months
Compensation: $ 7.25 per hour
Housing: not provided
Number of Positions Offered: 1
Host Company Description:
The host company is a full service, law firm located in Levittown, directly north of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and 75 miles south of New York City. They have been in business for over 30 years, have 2 offices and have conducted thousands of cases with a focus on family and criminal law. This is a community law office, which means they tend to be more informal and family-oriented than the more traditional law firms. Their website reflects that philosophy. Their services include divorce, child custody, support, adoption, protecting women in abuse situations, criminal law, bankruptcy, wills, etc. Their attorneys are in court daily and the trainee would assist us in conducting trials many times a week.
- To apply for the Internship program, you must be an undergraduate student of law OR a recent graduate starting the program within 12 months of graduation.
- To apply for the Trainee program, you must hold a bachelor’s degree in law and at least 1 year of work experience OR be a career professional of 5 or more years in related field.
- Applicants must speak advanced English
- Prior work experience in a law firm is required
Training Duties Include:
- Learn how to handle all aspects of a client’s case including communicating with clients and other counsel, drafting pleadings, conducting discovery, preparing for and attending court hearings, conferences, and preparing for and attending trials
- Receive training in legal services including legal research; drafting motions, pleadings, orders, judgments, and status updates; and overseeing and analyzing discovery
- Gain experience during court during motions, various types of hearings, and at trial. Trainee may also conduct initial consultations with prospective clients and serve as the principal contac between the firm and its clients
- Shadow and learn how to prospect for new clients through marketing, networking, writing articles, and speaking engagements
How to Apply:
- Submit a professional resume with a professional photograph
- Indicate availability dates (start and end dates)
- Indicate this offer number and title
|Job Category||Public Administration and Law|