Start Date: August–September 2021
Program Duration: 12–18 months
Compensation: $12 per hour
Housing: Some assistance provided
Number of Positions Offered: 1
Host Company Description:
This biotechnology company, located in Seattle, WA, strives to prevent and treat hearing loss. They are seeking to research and produce new methods and medications that can aid in the prevention of auditory diseases. They are searching for a dedicated individual with a background in biology, immunology, neuroscience, or similar field who is seeking an intense research opportunity.
- The research position will include basic, applied, and translation research which will support clinical studies involving hearing loss
- The trainee or intern will receive training and direct supervision in laboratory research techniques involving tissue culture, immunohistochemistry, electrophysiology, and neurobehavior.
- A monthly stipend including housing/utilities in Seattle, air-travel to and from Seattle, some meals, and attendance of a scientific conference is included.
- Monthly journal club and scientific presentation and writing are required.
- Preparing and analyzing samples
- Stocking and maintenance of lab materials and supplies
- Providing assistance on various special projects that may arise
- To apply for the Internship program, applicants must be biology or similar undergraduate/graduate students OR be recent graduates who begin the program within 12 months of their graduation date
- To apply for the Trainee program, applicants must hold biology or similar degrees and have at least 1 year of professional work experience related to the degree, OR have 5 or more years of professional experience in this field
- Applicants must speak ADVANCED ENGLISH
- Strong computer skills, be organized and self-motivated problem solvers, and be able to adapt and excel under moderate amounts of stress
- Background in neuroscience, biology, microbiology, immunology, etc.
- Have an interest in a high-intensity auditory disease research opportunity
How to Apply:
- Submit a professional resume with a professional photograph
- Indicate availability dates (start and end dates)
- Indicate this offer number and title
|Job Category||The Sciences, Engineering, Architecture, Mathematics, and Industrial Occupations|