Start Date: May – June 2021
Program Duration: 12 months
Compensation: $ 18 per hour
Housing: not provided
Number of Positions Offered: 1
Host Company Description:
This host company is located in Queens neighborhood of New York City. They are a small team of bakers who focus on daily production of small batches of baking goods using high quality, organic ingredients without preservatives or chemicals. Each bread has its own recipe and preferment. They bake our own croissants and pastries and cook our stocks from scratch while paying great attention to detail.
- To apply for the Internship program, you must be restaurant management or culinary arts undergraduate student OR a recent graduate starting the program within 12 months of graduation.
- To apply for the Trainee program, applicants must hold restaurant management or culinary arts degrees and have least 1 year of professional work experience related to the degree, OR be career professionals of 5 or more years of professional experience in this field
- Must be able to work within a team, have a passion for cooking and serving customers, have a positive attitude, willing to continue to learn new recipes and methods
- An ideal candidate will have at least 6 months of prior experience in a professional kitchen
- Prior practice of bread mixing, shaping and baking
The participant will participate in production and manages all bread and pastry products to ensure the highest level of quality and consistency is maintained through tested recipes and inspection of goods; learn how to accurately select, measure, and prepare raw materials according to the in-house recipe.
How to Apply:
- Submit a professional resume with a professional photograph
- Indicate availability dates (start and end dates)
- Indicate this offer number and title
|Job Category||Culinary Arts|