Start Date: September–October 2021
Training Duration: 12 months
Hours: 35-40 hours per week
Compensation: $12.15 per hour
Housing: Dorm-style $65 per week
Number of Positions Offered: 3
Host Company Description:
The host company is a bed and breakfast located in the heart of Camden village on the central Maine coast. A famous travel guide names it “an elegant and sophisticated retreat and culinary destination.” As a result, this Mansard-style Victorian built in 1835 is a top inn in the area. The hotel owners are passionate about food and they have created a European-style dining experience that does not disappoint. They use fresh, local ingredients and each evening they offer several dining choices including a five course Chef’s Tasting Menu.
- Learn all aspects of food service in a small bed and breakfast environment
- Aid in upholding the highest quality standards for the food and beverage operation
- Understand menu content, seasonal offerings, learn how to recommend wine pairings
- Advance management skills and supervisory duties
- To apply for an internship program, you must be an undergraduate Hospitality/Tourism Management student OR a recent graduate starting the program within 12 months of graduation.
- To apply for a trainee program, you must hold a Hospitality/Tourism Management degree and at least 1 year of work experience OR be a career professional of 5 or more years in related field.
- Applicants with hotel management work experience preferred
- Fluent in English (reading, writing and speaking skills)
- Must be friendly, outgoing, organized, self-reliant, efficient and have computer skills
How to Apply:
- Submit a professional resume with a professional photograph
- Indicate availability dates (start and end dates)
- Indicate this offer number and title