Start Date: April 2021
Program Duration: 12 – 18 months
Compensation: $ 10.00 per hour
Housing: not provided
Number of Positions Offered: 1
Host Company Description:
The host company is an electro-optics company, located in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, that designs and manufactures lasers for a wide range of applications. A successful laser design requires the careful integration of mechanical, electronic, and optical subsystems. Selected program participant will assist in the development of a benchtop product. The benchtop device will operate with input AC and convert it into several DC voltages for different components/devices placed in the benchtop. The benchtop has a front panel with an LCD – Touch screen and several functional ports & switches.
- To apply for the Internship program, you must be an undergraduate student of Information Technology OR a recent graduate starting the program within 12 months of graduation.
- To apply for the Trainee program, you must hold a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology and at least 1 year of work experience OR be a career professional of 5 or more years in related field.
- Applicants must speak advanced English
- Minimum 2 years of working with hardware
- Minimum 3 years of Embedded C/C++ (GUI Experience preferred)
- Experience in interfacing hardware with different systems (Embedded, IoT, PID)
- Proficient in Power Management & Digital Circuits
- Inter – Disciplinary Knowledge is preferred
- MATLAB (Particularly LABVIEW) Experience is preferred
The program participant should be able to interface the touch screen and other components with a microcontroller and create a GUI for the touch screen based on existing desktop application. There will be an opportunity to work with state-of-the-art equipment to build and test optical fiber based benchtop. This is a unique opportunity to experience the fast-paced entrepreneurial atmosphere of a small business and take part in building a new product.
How to Apply:
- Submit a professional resume with a professional photograph
- Indicate availability dates (start and end dates)
- Indicate this offer number and title
|Job Category||The Sciences, Engineering, Architecture, Mathematics, and Industrial Occupations|