Start Date: May 2021
Training Duration: 12 – 18 months
Compensation: $13.00 per hour
Housing: not provided
Number of Position Offered: 1
Host Company Description:
The host company is located in San Diego, California. The host company is a healthcare SaaS company that has served hospitals worldwide for over thirty years. The company developed a leading therapeutic drug monitoring software for a model-based Bayesian precision dosing. Despite decades of experience in the healthcare industry, the office keeps its team agile and lean in a startup office environment.
The selected program participant will receive training and experienced in SRE / DevOps / DevSecOps engineering to build and operate secure systems that are highly scalable, and fault tolerant, for a healthcare SaaS web application. The selected participant will:
- Learn to how proactively identify and remediate security risks introduced by the cloud platforms
- Implement solutions necessary to address security audits and compliance efforts on our cloud platforms. Knowledge of SOX, PCI DSS, HIPAA, and FedRAMP is highly desirable.
- Analyze software configurations and logs to recommend security-based improvements
- Identify opportunities to leverage automation to improve security and build the tools necessary to execute improvements
- Work closely with engineering teams to ensure we are considering security when architecting and building new features.
- Ensure that solutions are engineered with operational efficiency and security in mind. Identify and develop tools to aid this process
- Work with external security testing vendors to coordinate pen testing and monitoring of our platform and network. Coordinate any necessary fixes both with the operations and engineering teams
- Participate in building automation frameworks and systems to improve time to delivery using modern CI/CD systems
- Participate in on-call for escalated support of production customer and systems
- To apply for the Internship program, you must be an undergraduate student of Compute Science OR a recent graduate starting the program within 12 months of graduation.
- To apply for the Trainee program, you must hold a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science at least 1 year of work experience OR be a career professional of 5 or more years in related field.
- Applicants must speak advanced English
- 2+ years of Cloud Operations / Engineering experience with focus on security
- Strong hands-on system administrator experience on public cloud platforms especially AWS is required
- AWS (lambda, fargate, ecs)
- Gitlab CI
- Roadmap – Securing Legacy API and Databases involved – Elastic Beanstalk – Integrating Security into Development Pipeline.
- Experience with automated configuration management and deployment using tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, and Python required
- Strong system administrator experience with Linux and Windows operating systems required
- Experience with vulnerability scanning software such as Nessus, Amazon Inspector, Azure Security Center, and Black Duck highly desirable
- Experience with automated test and build systems such as Jenkins, Maven, Ant.
- Experience with auditing and logging tools such as AuditD, NXLog, AWS CloudTrail
- Experience with Monitoring and reporting tools such as DataDog and Graphite
- Experience with managed Kubernetes in the cloud using AKS
- Experience working with virtualization software such as VMWare and Openstack
- Experience working in hybrid environment preferred
How to Apply:
- Submit a professional resume with a professional photograph
- Indicate availability dates (start and end dates)
- Indicate this offer number and title
|Job Category||The Sciences, Engineering, Architecture, Mathematics, and Industrial Occupations|