DUE TO THE PANDEMIC WE ARE NOT ABLE TO OFFER THIS PROGRAM FOR 2021
Study Abroad in South Korea
The Republic of Korea, more commonly known as South Korea or just Korea, is located in Northeast Asia with Japan to the east, China to the west, and Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (North Korea) across the northern border. About 70% of the country is mountainous and it is slightly larger than the state of Indiana, to give a comparison. The capital city, Seoul, is home to over 9.7 million people and makes up about 20% of the country’s population.
South Korea has become more popular as a destination recently due to the Korean Wave, a term that describes pop culture such as music, TV drama, and cinema that has become instrumental in global influence.
*Video courtesy of Korea.net
- Age Requirements:
Must be between the ages of
- Appearance requirements: Schools in Korea do not permit any kind of tattoos, or any body piercings (even earrings) are not permitted.
- Language requirements: Students need to have a basic knowledge of Korean, i.e. conversational skills.
- Fully Vetted Korean Host Families:
Our host families live all over Korea and are looking forward to welcoming you into their home and showing you their everyday life. The typical Korean family is fairly small, with one or two adults and children, but they all look different. What they have in common is that they are all friendly and have a genuine interest in cultural exchange.
- By staying with a Korean host family, you will gain a true insight into the culture and everyday life in Korea. You will get the chance to know a caring family as well as to practice your language skills everyday. It is the ultimate way to get a close insight into the Korean society.
- Academic Year: March–January
- 1st Semester: March–July
- 2nd Semester: August–January
- Application Deadline: January 1st for March start date and June 1st for August start date
- Academic Year – $9,000 (11th-12th grade)
- Academic Year – $10,300 (10th grade due to tuition costs)
- Semester – $8,000 (11th- 12th grade)
- Semester – $8,650 (10th grade due to tuition costs)
- Short Program 1-3 months – $5,250
Required International Health/Liability Insurance:
- Academic Year – $900
- Semester – $450
- Short Program – $90 per month
$1700 deposit due with application
– Soft Landing Camp
**Prices are subject to change**
Public or private high school acceptance
Volunteer host family placement
Visa support documents
Monitoring and supervision by local partner while in South Korea
24-hour emergency support
Program Does Not Include
Domestic transportation within South Korea
School textbooks, school lunches, school uniforms
Extracurricular expenses for clubs, sports, etc.
Passport/visa/resident card fees
Personal spending money